Hailing from Mississippi and England, Kendra Coggin and Baron Conway have been avid picklers since their mums first slathered Chow-Chow and Piccalilli on their school lunch sandwiches. Pernicious Pickling Co. was launched in October 2013 to celebrate the bold flavors of their Southern-English heritages and the rich cultural diversity of their new home in Southern California. With a philosophy that “Pickles ain’t just for Sandwiches,” Pernicious Pickling Co.’s family of products use the freshest vegetables, a range of different brines, and sophisticated combinations of spices to ensure that each product delivers flavors that are bold, balanced, and as delectable straight out of the jar as they are in the food and drinks we love.
PRODUCT QUICK FACTS
- Net wt: 16 oz (454 g)
- Ingredients: Premium, all-natural ingredients. Vegan, no preservatives.
- Shelf Life: 18 months; All products are shelf-stable and labeled with Batch IDs and ’Best By’ dates
- Manufactured at a commercial kitchen in Costa Mesa, CA
- Hold a Cannery License which is required by the California Food & Drug Bureau for producing acidified products
- Launched in October 2013 in Costa Mesa, California
- Chosen as a Good Food Awards Winner in the Pickles category (2016) & sofi Awards Finalist in the Appetizers, Antipasto, Hors D'Oeuvres category, Summer Fancy Food Show (2016 & 2015)
- Press features in O, The Oprah Magazine, Food Network Magazine, Saveur, Food & Wine, Gourmet News, Tasting Table, Coast, Orange Coast, The Tasting Panel, and Laguna Beach Magazines
- Featured in curated artisanal boxes from The Mantry, Bespoke Post, The Fare Trade, Quarterly Co., and at the James Beard Foundation’s Taste America Los Angeles events